Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's Looking a Lot Like Christmas

I've had my Christmas decorating done since a few days after Thanksgiving but am just now getting around to taking photos. I thought I would share those with you today.
I normally decorate my mantle rather simply:
















I made our stockings several years ago:

















Another simple decoration in my foyer:


 










I love Christmas trees as you will see in the following photos.  I normally have two large trees, one in the den and the other in the diningroom, plus other small ones.  This year I decided to forgo the second large tree since we really don't plan on being home on Christmas day anyway.  


Some of you familiar with Lifetime Moments 30 Days of Gifts might remember this from last year.  I decided to put it in my diningroom this year.



 














The tree I get most comments about is my kitchen tree, decorated with a combo of cooking related ornaments as well as common kitchen utensils.


 
I filled this jar with marshmallows and soft peppermints:


This is the small rustic tree I have sitting in my sunroom:

And yet another small one in our bedroom:

And my personal favorite, our main tree in the den:
 



Just a few more purchases and I should be done with shopping.  This year I have really made a concerted effort to enjoy my holiday season rather than stressing over it. I hope you are doing the same.

1 comment:

  1. Just gorgeous! And I love those stockings and mine too! I hang them every year on our bedroom doors and someone always asks where I got them. I'm taking pictures too, and will shoot them to you when I finish. Still have the mantle and the sideboard in the dining room to do, then I'm done. Hugs, love you lots. CS

    ReplyDelete