Thursday, December 24, 2009

Quick and Easy Gift Card Holders

I hope you are enjoying your holiday thus far.  We are visiting with my stepdaughter and family in North Carolina.  It's fun to be around the girls for Christmas and we can't wait for Santa's visit!


We most always give my son and daughter-in-law some money for Christmas along with their other gifts.  I try to make them a little more personal though by packaging the money or gift card in a creative way.  This year I decided on wanted a pocket style piece.



 I made the backs by cutting white cardstock using the largest die from the Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8 set. I then stamped a simple image to the upper portion of it.  I used the same Nestabilities die to cut a matching piece from patterned paper.  I trimmed off the upper portion and punched a border using my Fiskars border punches (Apron Lace and Leave it to Weaver).  I stitched the patterned paper piece to the cardstock to form a pocket.  I added few embellishments and they were done.


Here they are individually with the money tucked inside:



































And here they are under the tree:


















Very quick and fun to do plus easily translatable for other occasions.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment