Friday, February 26, 2010

Absent again

Yep, that's me.  Absent from the blog once again.  Because we are sick yet again.  Well mainly me but you know when a man has a sniffle that is classified as sick too!  Really since Monday night, my days have been spent coughing, laying on the sofa in a coma or watching soap operas or the Olympics, whichever is on.  Trust me I have seen more of "curling" than I could ever imagine.  Watching paint dry is more interesting but unfortunately no one here has the energy to paint for me to watch it dry.  So I am stuck with curling or a coma which I suppose one could confuse for the other.  I had a small burst of feeling ok yesterday morning but by 3:00 in the afternoon I crashed and went down for a three hour nap.  One would think that would mess with a nights sleep but no,  I was out by midnight and slept until my bladder woke me up this morning around 9.  I even tried arguing with said bladder since the rest of me was not really ready to get up, but as per usual, bladder won out.   

And since I have nothing creative to show you, I thought I would share with you how your creativity can effect others.  You might remember these Valentines.  I sent one to Don's Aunt Nell, who is my favorite relative of his.  (I'm not sure what that says considering she is a relative by marriage only).  We received the sweetest note from her yesterday telling me how it made her "heart glow" that I would take the time to make something so pretty for her.  Now who writes thank you notes for a card?  Aunt Nell is who!  I guess that is why she is a favorite.  So don't think your efforts go unnoticed.  Yes, there are always be those people who just get it but the Aunt Nells of the world make up for that.

I'll be back next week if I live through the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. How thoughtful of both you and Aunt Nell. Note that some of my favorite relatives are by marriage, not by blood. But I have to thank my blood relatives for having good tastes, lol.

    ReplyDelete