Sunday, February 21, 2010

It's a Cosmo Kind of Day.... (Part 1)

No, not the drink but that sounds good too! I'm talking about one of my favorite manufacturers, Cosmo Cricket. By the way, I am not affiliated with them; I can only just wish). A Cosmo Cricket purchase is always a must after a CHA show and this winter is no different.  I picked up several pieces from the Garden Variety collection just the other day and couldn't wait to cut into it.  I really like the fresh, bright colors of this line. 

My first project is a card for the current Sugar Bowl Challenge (my first time to participate actually).  I absolutely love Sugar Nellie stamps.  I have my friend Wendy to thank for my obsession although my checking account is not so appreciative. I currently have 22 items on my wishlist! In addition to using the sketch, participants also had to include 3 flowers, two brads and a button. Here is the sketch:












This is my take on the challenge:






















I stamped the Sugar Nellie image using Memento ink onto Prism cardstock and then colored with Copic markers.  I pierced small holes just above and below her hand and threaded the stems of the flowers through so it appears she has just picked them.  I trimmed closely around the image and then mounted to the background of patterned paper using adhesive only in her midsection.  I then placed pop dots underneath the hat and the bottom of the jeans portions so the image would appear to stand away from the background.

Products: Sugar Nellie stamp, Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety patterned paper, Memento ink, Bazzil Basics and Prism cardstock, May Arts ribbon, Doodlebug button, flowers and brads, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers

Copic Markers: Skin- E00, E02, R20; Hair – E55, E57, R29; Flowers, belt, patches – R27, R29; Hat and Jeans – Y21, Y23; Blouse – G40, G82; Leaves – G21, G24

And to prove that I still scrapbook, here are two layouts featuring The Boyfriend collection. 






















I used a strip of my son's school photos and combined it with his actual first grade report card (from 26 years ago!).  I tucked my journaling inside the card envelope.  I'm not sure what was going on with his hair that day but he was still cute nonetheless.

Products: Cosmo Cricket The Boyfriend patterned paper and chipboard, Jillibean Soup pattern paper, May Arts ribbon, Doodlebug token

















My second layout is a two pager (6x8 each) for my creative journal, and yes, the subject is totally about my washer and dryer! We are still paying for these bad boys but they are worth it. The only thing they lack is a USB port so I could change the notification tune to something a little less cheerful. 

Products: Cosmo Cricket The Boyfriend patterned paper and chipboard, Fiskars border punches, 7 Gypsies date stamp

Check out these previous blog posts using Cosmo Cricket products here, here, and here!  Stay tuned for Part 2 later on this week.  

3 comments:

  1. these are WAY cute Nancy!! I adore that card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nancy, these are fabulous! Yep...I love me some cosmo too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card!! I love the colors and gorgeous papers! This image is still one of my favorites!!
    Thanks so much for playing along with Tiets sketch!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete