Friday, June 11, 2010

About Fathers

I've never had a real father in my life for reasons I won't go into here.  But I did have father figures with my Paw-Paw in my early years, and then my brother-in-law during my high school years.  I loved them both dearly for taking on that role for me. Sadly, they are both gone now, way before their time was due. My absence of a father makes me appreciate the good parents that I know now which includes both my husband and my son. I admire my husband because he lets his children know how much he loves them in both words and deeds. And he is a loving grandfather to our grandchildren. I am so proud and grateful of what a good parent my son is to my granddaughter especially since his real father was mostly absent from his life.

I stamped the PTI Fly Away image with Memento Ink onto PTI cardstock and then colored with Copic Markers. I cut the image out with Spellbinders Nestabilities and then sponge-inked the edges while it was still in the die.  The patterned paper on the background are from the new Basic Gray Max and Whiskers 6x6 pad.


Products: Papertrey Ink stamp and cs, Purple Onion Designs sentiment stamp, My Favorite Things Die-namics, Basic Grey and Stampavie pp, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic markers

Copic Markers: BG72, BG75, C3, C5, E08

As always, thank you for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous watercolor look to the images! BEautiful card!

    ReplyDelete