Friday, September 10, 2010

Take Care

I struggle with Get Well type cards but find myself in need of two of them right now.  This one is for a male which means double trouble for me as I also find it difficult to make masculine cards.  I stamped the Papertrey Ink Vintage Picnic apples image onto Bazzill Simply Smooth cardstock and then colored with Copic Markers.  I paper pieced the basket from the same set using Cosmo Cricket Earth Love paper and added some "grass" using a Martha Stewart border punch. I adhered everything and then cut all with a Spellbinders Nestabilties circle. The sentiment came from the PTI Autumn Abundance set. The cork and string used for the scalloped border is from my stash.  The card is based on a sketch for this weeks Sketch For You to Try blog.


Products: Papertrey Ink stamps, scallop die and buttons, Cosmo Cricket, Imaginisce and Jillibean Soup pp, Martha Stewart border punch, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers

Copics: Apples-E07, E08, E09, 0; Leaves-YG91, YG93; Shadows-W00, W01

I hope you have a great weekend.  We're excited here for college football.  Bama is renewing an old rivalry with Penn State and we can't wait to watch it on Saturday night.  No tickets (sad face) as some of them are going for as much as $1000 a piece.  Roll Tide!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Nancy.. I love the Dp you have chose. and the cork border looks awesome :) Have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe you have trouble with get well or masculine cards Nancy, this is an awesome card! Love the papers, image and sentiment...it's perfect!
    Have a great weekend and I hope Alabama wins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card Nancy! I love this stamp and you've colored up those apples so beautifully! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just lovely. Your papers are scrumptious (!) and the colors are delightful. I also created an apple card today (with different stamps and papers, of course...) I love your coloring - that's how I discovered your blog - I was looking at certified Copic artists on the iCopic website and your name came up!

    ReplyDelete