Monday, August 8, 2011

Love is a Journey

Today's card was for the bride and groom of a wedding we attended this weekend. The parents of the bride were old friends of my husband so I wanted to make a special card for them. They live in France so I decided to add some French flair to my card. I stamped the Eiffel Tower on one of the strips and heat embossed with some Black Diamonds embossing powers. I know an Eiffel Tower is rather ubiquitous as the French are probably a lot more blase' about the Eiffel Tower than I am. I have traveled to Europe to several countries but France is one of those I have yet to go to. It's on my bucket list. I stamped a sentiment from the My Favorite Things Sentimental About the Journey (I parsed it somewhat) and then cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities. I followed this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch Challenge (MFTWSC31).  The paper is from the Authentique Uncommon 6x6 pad.


Products: My Favorite Things sentiment stamp and Die-namics, Above the Mark stamp, Authentique patterned paper. Kaisercraft pearls and jewels, May Arts ribbon, Spellbinders Nestabilities

And a word about Authentique. I bought a couple of the 6x6 pads, Uncommon used here and Splendid. I was itching to get the yellow/grey/black pad as that is a favorite color combo but I decided to hold out for the My Mind's Eye Sunshine pad instead. The paper is very nice and crisp. My only complaint is that when I tore out a page, the pad separated. Considering I used four different patterns, my pad is now in four different pieces. The anal part me of doesn't like that although in the grand scheme of things probably not that big a deal.

Have a great week.

7 comments:

  1. B E A U T I F U L! Love the french look and the stripey ribbon! oooo lala!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh la la! This is just GORGEOUS Nancy! LOVE these papers and that sentiment is SO beautiful! LOVE that ribbon and the rolled flower too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS! Love the French feel it's perfect with the sentiment! The papers are awesome and I love your sentiment circle, so prettily done! Just another amazing Nancy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb! I love the mix of the softly colored papers with the B&W print...and the Eiffel tower stamp is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! The paper, colors, and the little roses are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is absolutely gorgeous!!!! The papers are sooo pretty and I love that big beautiful bow!!!!

    ReplyDelete