Thursday, December 22, 2011

Bearing Christmas Gifts {TCP Tuesday 190}

Leigh is this week's TCP Tuesday (TCPTUES190) challenge hostess which as per usual is one of her fabulous sketches. My card features the Bearing Presents image which you might remember was part of the Circus release this fall. Believe it or not I actually stamped and paper pieced the image at the same time I made my card for that release. Don't you love it when an image is so versatile? Leigh's sketch gave me the perfect excuse to feature it on a card. I used several different ribbons for the border, most of which was ribbons left over from other projects.

 
Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamp, Basic Grey dp, Divine Twine and Ribbon, May Arts ribbon, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers
Copics: Bear-E50, E51, E53; Ribbon/Bows-R22, R24, R29

All the details for this TCP Tuesday challenge can be found on Alma’s blog. As always, there is potential for fame (Pick of the Litter) and/or fortune (Pick of the Week).



I previewed the next project at the The Cat's Pajamas release party over at Splitcoast Stampers last month but am just now getting around to sharing on the blog.

Gift cards are a big hit at Christmas, especially among teenagers but they can be a bit impersonal. The The Cat's Pajamas Gift Card Envie CutUps is just perfect to help jazz it up. I combined it with a the J*lly H*liday stamp set which contains 4 holiday words all of which have an open space for the "o" that can be replaced with a several holiday images which are also included. I selected stronger colors for a more masculine look and made my actual gift card envelope using the CutUps. I closed it with Evergreen seam binding bow. I also made a pocket card to slip it into. I stamped N*el word from the stamp set onto layered Circus Panels and then filled in the "o" in Noel with a couple of snowflakes from the Snowflake Lace Paper. I added a big red snowflake using the Snowflake CutUps and the For/From (from the Peeking set) were stamped onto banner strips cut with the Easy Rosette CutUps.



My second gift card holder was even easier to make using the Gift Card Envie CutUps and felt. I sewed on two small pieces of velcro for the closure and then added a pretty button. I cut a a felt snowflake using the Snowflake CutUps tied on with Christmas Divine Twine. I again used the For/From (from the Peeking set) stamped onto banner strips cut with the Easy Rosette CutUps.  Easy peasy and a cure for the common gift card!


Products: The Cat's Pajamas stamps and CutUps, Seam Binding ribbon, Divine Twine, Felt, Little Yellow Bicycle dp, Kaisercraft pearls

And since this is an all things TCP post, I thought I would share some secret sister projects. First up is the card featuring the Anywhere Ribbon Slide CutUps to make diagonal strips for the background. The glittery cardstock was very, very thick but it cut quite nicely with my Big Shot although I did run it back and forth several times. I then inserted patterned paper strips rather than ribbon. I used the J*lly H*liday stamp for the sentiment, stamping in gray rather than my usual black and what do you know, there is the big Snowflake again. It's really had a workout this holiday season!

 
Here are the photos of everything included in the box. It was a fun to buy and create for a stampy friend:










3 comments:

  1. I'm speechless, Nancy! So much TCP goodness all in one post! Your Secret Sistah was a lucky lady!! Gorgeous wrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome, Nancy! Love the ribbon border on the cute card and those gift card holders are so cool, and would work so well for guys too! I am in awe of your wrapping talent (I possess none) the secret sister gift package is stunning... it belongs in a Martha Stewart magazine! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these are just gorgeous, Nancy!! I love the packages! I came over to check out your fabby TCPTUES190 card and got to see ALL this gorgeousness!! Have a Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete