Friday, December 23, 2011

In a Manger

I have a few more Christmas cards that have been mailed but haven't been shared here yet.

I normally do not care for the Nativity scene to be what I term "cute-si-fied" but I made an exception for the In a Manger set by My Favorite Things. Especially since it included lambs as Jesus is often referred to as "the lamb of God". I kept the layout and embellishments simple.



Products: My Favorite Things stamp and Die-namics, Echo Park, Webster's Pages and Crate dp, Kaisercraft pearls, Copic Markers
Copics: Lambs-E40, E81, R01, 0; Clothing-BG0000, BG70, BG10, BG72, W00, E40, E41, E42; Cane-W1, W2, W5; Manger-E21, E25, E29, W5; Straw-E30, E31, E33

The next card features My Favorite Things Inspired by Winter. I made this specifically for my sister as she has a little gray house in the woods. I stamped the house image, masked it and then stamped the trees in the background. After coloring with Copics, I popped the stamped piece back in the Spellbinders die so I could ink around the images with Sky Blue ink and then applied a mixture of Ranger Stickles and white Flower Soft to represent snow. The patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Jovial 6x6 pad from last year. 


Products: My Favorite Things stamp and sentiment, Basic Grey dp, May Arts ribbon, Kaisercraft pearls, Making Memories glittered leaf, Memory Box die, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic markers
Copics: House/Windows-C1, C3, C5, Y15; Door-YG91, YG93, Chimney-E07, E08, E09

Next up features a fun, whimsical image by Whimsy Stamps. I had this stamp a while before finally getting it inked up. It's fairly simple with paper buttons so no extra postage required. 


Products: Whimsy Stamps, Echo Park dp, Divine Twine, My Favorite Things Die-namics, PTI sentiment, Flower Soft, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers
Copics: E40, E81, 0, C1, C3, C5, C7, Y15, Y17, Y35, R22, R24, R27, B0000, B000, BG10, YG0000, YG91, YG93, BG0000

So busy around here as I sure it is for you too. I've had the third reincarnation of the same cold the past few days but I'm feeling better now. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Love the cards, Nancy! Love how unique each one is and they are all beautiful!
    I was able to make a couple of cards that didn't require extra postage this year, it's hard though! :)

    ReplyDelete