Sunday, February 5, 2012

Shelter from the Storm (and a Sunday driveby)

Today's card is for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge(MFTWSC57).  As I've mentioned on my blog several times lately I am in a use it or lose it mode. It's been almost a year since I've used this sweet stamp, MFT Friendship is Shelter. I'm not sure why as I love the imagery. This is for a friend going through some rough times right now. I mostly colored with Copics with just a bit of paper piecing on the umbrella and some Liquid Applique on the bunny tail. I placed some pop dots underneath the front part of the umbrella to give it some dimension. I diecut the flower from sheet music from an old hymnal using the MFT Loopy Bloom Die although I cut the loops before rolling it up. The paper is all from the October Afternoon Farmhouse collection. I love this pad so you may get sick of it before I'm through with it.


Products: My Favorite Things stamp and Die-namics, October Afternoon dp, Liquid Applique, Kaisercraft pearls, Sizzix die, Copic Markers
Copics: Skin-E000, E00, E11, R20; Hair-E50, E51, E53, E55; Clothing-Y21, Y23, Y35, W00, E81, W2, W5, W7, C3, C5, C7; Umbrella-W2, W5, W7; Bunny-W00, E81; Shadows-C00, C1

And a Sunday driveby:
  • confession: my house still hasn't been returned to normal since Christmas. Yeah the decorations are put away but I haven't yet put back what I put away to make room for said decorations
  • Blogger drives me crazy sometimes and I still haven't changed to the updated interface
  • I've started back on my treadmill after a very long layoff. It ain't pretty
  • it feels more like spring than winter around here
  • I like football so I'm looking forward to the Super Bowl even though I don't really care about either team
My sale page.

6 comments:

  1. This is adorable Nancy....I love that paper pad also.

    I love your Sunday statements!!! Clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! Love the flower! And the deliciously beautiful paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing card Nancy! You did such a beautiful job with the sketch and I love the blossom! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love those papers together and your flower looks amazing!
    Hope you enjoyed your Super Bowl Sunday, I had a lovely crafty day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I adore that color palette.

    ReplyDelete