Saturday, July 7, 2012

Christmas in July 3 - Warm Wishes

After several days of Design Team projects I am back with Christmas in July card # 3. I combined homespun patterns from the Basic Grey Jovial pad with an image from the My Favorite Things Inspired by Winter set to create a masculine card. The Cat's Pajamas Pinking Border CutUps for a sawtooth pattern and a simple tag topped with Linen Thread provided the only embellishments. Black matting on all the elements made everything pop. I used an MFT Wednesday Stamp Club sketch (MFTWSC56) from weeks past for the layout although I moved the elements around and made it into a square shape.


Christmas Card Tip of the day:  Keep embellishments to a minimum for a more masculine card.

Products: My Favorite Things stamp, Basic Grey dp, PTI sentiment stamp and star tag die, Linen Thread, The Cat's Pajamas CutUps, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Copic Markers
Copics: House-W00, W1, W2, W5, Y13, Y17, R22, R24, E19; Snow-W00, E81; Smoke-C00, C1, C3; Shadows-BG70, BG0000






My sale page (with price reductions and new items).


1 comment:

  1. Love the use of the plaid and black to give the card a masculine feel. And great tip!

    ReplyDelete