Friday, November 15, 2013

The Best Gift of All

I have another Verve November Viva La Verve card today which is for week 2. I have to admit I disliked this sketch at first glance. I decided to go for a masculine look which automatically cut down on the frou frou. Placing all the elements against a plain white background also simplified it. I first cut the reindeer using the new Verve Reindeer Fun die and then stamped the matching image from the Unto Us stamp set with Stampin' Up Baked Brown Sugar ink. I stamped the sentiment from the My Favorite Things Clearly Sentimental About Christmas onto the sentiment flag using the same stamp pad. The trio of small flags were cut using the C.C. Designs Mini Banner Cutters and I added wood veneer stars to each one. I wrapped the twine around the vertical flag and then added more of the wood veneer stars to the trees in the patterned paper. The patterned paper came from the Glitz Design Hello December pad.


Products: Verve stamp and Die, Glitz Design dp, My Favorite Things sentiment, Hemptique twine, Studio Calico wood veneer stars, C.C. Designs Cutters, Spellbinders Nestabilities, Stampin' Up ink

Have a great weekend!! As always, thanks for stopping by.


My sale page (new items).


1 comment:

  1. Very pretty!! Reminds me I have some star veneers somewhere....they look so good on this card I might have to find mine and use them! :)

    ReplyDelete