Thursday, July 31, 2014

2014 Christmas in July #15

I am back with my final Christmas in July card, using another Purple Onion Designs stamp from my not yet used box. I think #15 is a nice number to end on.

I stamped Snowy with My Favorite Things ink onto Copics X-Press It cardstock, colored with Copics and then fussy cut out.  I then cut the tag set from patterned paper using the Papertrey Ink Tag Sale #10 from papers I prepared the card base using the border from the Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Charles) set and then tied the tag onto the base with Hemptique Cord. The sentiment came from the Purple Onion Designs Mini Sentiment Set that I've had for years. After attaching the stamped image with dimensional dots, I finished it up with a few Doodlebug sequins. The patterned papers came from the My Mind's Eye Winter Wonderland pad.


I hope I've inspired you to get started on your handmade Christmas cards. Let me tell you there are definitely some people who don't really appreciate them but I can also assure you that there some who do. My husband's uncle passed away a few weeks ago. We were able to visit with him a few days before and although he was under hospice care, he was having a good day that day. He told each of us how he felt about us one on one. I won't tell you everything he said to me but I will share that he said how much he had always looked forward to my Christmas card and the he always saved his card all year until he got a new one. I can't tell you how that warmed my heart.

Copics: Owl-W00, E81, W1, W2, W5, YR30, YR31, YR23; Toboggan-G00, G02, G07, G46


My Sale Page.

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love the tag on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, as always. I'm glad you were able to visit your husband's Uncle and he was having a good day that day. My condolences to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete