Friday, July 4, 2014

2014 Christmas in July #2

First of all, Happy Birthday America!

I am here with my second Christmas in July card. I cheated on this one as I already had everything stamped and colored. I think I started this for a challenge but didn't get it put together in time so it's been kitted up for a while. All I had to do was figure out a background color and add embellishments.

I stamped the largest tree from the Simon Says Merry Trees set with Memento Olive Grove ink. I masked it off and then stamped the second tree with Memento Rich Cocoa and the third one plus the stars with Delicata GoldenGlitz ink. I then cut the image out with a Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mat.

I stamped Purple Onion Designs Icicle onto Copics X-Press It cardstock, colored with the Copics listed below and then fussy cut out. Icicle is one of Stacey Yacula's designs from last year. I bought several of them somewhat late in the Christmas season so I didn't get a card with him last year. After I attached the stamped panel to the background paper, I secured Icicle to the panel with dimensional dots for a clean and simple masculine card. A button at the top, a couple of Doodlebug Sequins and a snowflake cut with the Simon Says Snowflake Cluster secured with a mini brad finished it up.The solid background paper came from the Echo Park Season's Greetings pad.



Yay, I used two stamps from my not yet used box as well as one die. I hope my fellow Americans are having a fun and safe holiday.


Copics: Bear-W00, E81, E50, E51, E53; Scarf/Knit Cap-E21, E23, E25, E27, YG91, YG93, YG95



My Sale Page.

1 comment:

  1. How cute is this, even for Xmas in July, can you imagine!!!

    ReplyDelete