Friday, July 11, 2014

2014 Christmas in July #6

Today's card represents Christmas in July card number 6 created for the current Paper Smooches Sparks "Anything Goes" challenge.

I created the background circle first by cutting patterned paper from the Lily Bee Christmas Cheer pad with a Lil Inkers Stitched Mat, the snow bank from the  The Cat's Pajamas Holiday Toppers CutUps and the mat with Spellbinders Nestabilities. To create the scene from I combined two Paper Smooches stamp sets today using the tree from the Autumn Groves set and the snowman and bird from the Warm Hearts set stamped with My Favorite Things Black Licorice ink. I colored all the images with Copics and then fussy cut out. I attached to the circle, using dimensional dots underneath the bird and the snowman. I stamped the star from the Warm Hearts directly onto the card base as well as the sentiment at the bottom. After coloring the heart in the sentiment I added Doodlebug Enamel Dots to finish it up.


I'm glad to say the Warm Hearts set didn't stay in my not yet used box for long. In fact, I received it in the mail one afternoon this week and had a card completed the next day. If only I could do that with all my new stamps.


Copics: Snowman-BG70, BG0000, BG000, R11, YR01, YR12; Bird-R22, R24, Y11, Y35; Tree-W00, E81, E55, E57; Hearts-R22, R24


7 comments:

  1. Very pretty card I just love it ..Very Clean and Simple!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple, Clean and Conveys the sentiment perfectly. Great jog Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super adorable and brings me joy in every single part of it!! The coloring is amazing and I love how the word JOY is sandwiched between two enamel dots!! Really great fussy cutting!! I am just so in love with this card and super impressed with what you did to make it sing with JOY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was on the PS Sparks blog and your card just jumped off the screen at me. It is gorgeous - clean, simple, beautiful colours. Love the design. I think you have a winner here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and gorgeous coloring! Thanks for sharing your creativity with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How Sweet! Like the design and the colors you used...and I like how you used the polka dot paper for your background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy, I have pinned this card awhile ago, but got inspired to CASE it recently - hope you'll visit to see how you inspired me!

    ReplyDelete