Monday, August 17, 2015

Seasons and a Sale {Purple Onion Designs}


It's the 12th Anniversary of  Purple Onion Designs and we are celebrating with a sale and lots of fun new projects. The discounted prices will appear in your cart.


I have a set of four tags each featuring an image from the new Stacey Yacula Sweet Occasions collection. Michele showed these on the Purple Onion Designs blog this weekend so I wanted to feature them here as well. I started out by cutting all the image tags from Neenah Brilliant White cardstock using the Papertrey Ink Tag Sale #3 die and then another set from Soft Stone, Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuse and Orange Zest striped patterned paper. The tag toppers were cut from matching cardstock. The season name from the Seasons sentiment set was stamped onto each tag.


For the Winter tag, I partially stamped Jolly directly onto the tag and colored with Copic markers. I added a snowflake cut from Wild Wisteria cardstock using a die from the Lawn Fawn Stitched Snowflakes set. For the Spring tag, I stamped a portion of the Pond image and the Clouds directly onto the tag shape. I then stamped True & Blue onto Copics X-Press It cardstock, colored with Copics and fussy cut out, eliminating the legs. I placed them in the pond, attaching with foam tape.


I stamped Bubbly directly onto the Summer tag wiping away the sparkler part of the image. After coloring the image with Copic Markers, I added a pinwheel cut with The Cat's Pajamas Pinwheels CutUps, replacing the sparkler. For the Fall tag, I stamped a portion of Perch and then colored with Copics. I also stamped Cinnamon onto Copics X-Press It cardstock, colored with Copics and fussy cut out, attaching to the tag with foam tape. I am entering the summer one in the current Tag You're It (#28) challenge as I was inspired by the animal on the tag inspiration piece.

After adding a couple of enamel dots to each tag, I strung the matching tags together with twine. Here are the individual photos.





Products: Purple Onion Designs stamps, Neenah cs, Papertrey Ink cs, dp and die (tag), Doodlebug enamel dots, Divine Twine, Lawn Fawn die (snowflake), The Cat's Pajamas CutUps (pinwheel), Copic Markers
Winter Copics: Snowman-C00, C1, YR0000, YR01, YR12, W00, W1, Clothing-BV000, BV01, BV02; Shadows-BG70, BG0000, BG000
Spring Copics: Ducks-Y0000, YR30, YR31, YR0000, YR01, YR12; Pond-B0000, B000, B01; Sky-BG0000, BG000
Summer Copics: Bear-E40, E41, E42, R11, B000, B01; Grass-G20, G43; Shadows-BG70, BG0000, BG000
Autumn Copics: Squirrel-W00, W1, W2, W5, R11, C00, C1, C3; Acorn-E30, E33; Branch-E70, E71; Leaves-G43, YR30, YR12; Shadows-BG70, BG0000, BG000

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week!





11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! So super duper cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These tags are adorable, Nancy! Love the contrasting colors and the images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! I love the dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow--so many incredibly adorable tags. I love them all--they are just adorable and so perfectly colored. I think perhaps summer is my favorite--that little mini pinwheel is too cute. Thanks so much for playing along (X4) at Tag you're It.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get my award for the sweetest and most adorable tags in all of Blogland! These are fabulous, Nancy!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the double tags - what sweet images on all of them! The pinwheel in so adorable! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a beautiful set, stunning coloring and I too love the pinwheel popping off the tag. Many thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These tags are super sweet!! I love your coloring and that little pinwheel is fabulous. Love, love, love!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you have been pretty busy love them all and what a great idea to do the seasons. Thanks for joining us over at Tag You're it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These tags tickle! 4 of the sweetest tags celebrating seasons I've ever seen. Love them! Nancy, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tags are all darling! I love these stamps too and have them myself. Beautiful coloring and I love the striped patterned paper for the second layer of each tag. Thanks for joining us at Tag You’re It Nancy!

    ReplyDelete