Sunday, September 6, 2015

Anchor For Our Souls

A happy Sunday morning to you. Today's faith based card is for the Viva la Verve September Week 1 challenge using the Strong Anchor set. This set was out of stock for a long time so when it came back in a few weeks ago I snatched it up. I also used the beautiful combo of colors from the current Color Thowdown Challenge (#358).


I stamped the sentiment onto a white cardstock circle using Blueberry ink. I trimmed the circle down on two sides and attached it to a patterned paper piece, adding a Blueberry cardstock scallop cut using one of the dies from the Verve Scalloped Trim Trio set. After attaching the piece to a textured cardstock background, I then stamped the two anchors with the same Blueberry ink and cut out with the matching die from the Nautical set. The background piece was placed on the card base with craft foam.

Products: Verve stamp and dies, Doodlebug dp, Bazzill and PTI cs, MFT cs, die and ink

We are off to church soon. Have a great rest of the weekend. I hope my fellow Americans have a fabulous Labor Day!




6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Nancy! I love your take on both challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome take on both the colors and the sketch...such a beautiful verse and I lvoe the addition of the anchors!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully crafted card & great use of the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being noticed at Verve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, such a pretty card and so happy to see it featured on the Verve weekly recap! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful, Nancy! Every little detail is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete