Monday, June 13, 2016

Sending You Sunshine

I haven't been doing much crafting other than design team assignments this year as we have been extremely busy working on the house. Consequently, I also haven't been buying many new stamps and dies either because it is so hard to justify purchases when you don't have the time to use them. But really, I just could not resist the cute critters in the new My Favorite Things Sweet Forest Friends set and since I had a couple of free hours on Saturday I decided to put it to good use.


It has literally been years since I participated in an MFT challenge so I took the plunge and combined these cute little images with the Wednesday Sketch Challenge #284. I stamped the tree, bunny, butterfly and bird onto Copics X-Press It cardstock and then cut out with the matching dies from the Sweet Forest Friends Die-namics and colored with Copic markers. I created the image panel by first cutting a square with an older Nestie and then cutting out the circle with an MFT circle die. I decorated the back of the circle with blue card stock for the sky and patterned paper for the grass/meadow. After attaching to the prepared card base, I created a simple scene using the image pieces. The sentiment was stamped onto a banner shape and secured with foam tape and I added a sweet little sun using a die from the Notched Tag Die-namics that has been in my stash for a very long time.

Products: My Favorite Things stamps, dies and ink, Doodlebug dp, PTI and Bazzill cs, Sakura Gelly Roll pen, Copic Markers
Copics: Bunny-E50, E51, E53, R20, W00, E81; Tree-W1, W2, E30, E31, E33, E35; Bird-B41, B32; Butterfly-Y0000, Y11, Y21

I will definitely be using this set again. Too cute!


2 comments:

  1. Your card is so adorable! Fab coloring and fun layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Nancy, this card is beyond adorable!

    ReplyDelete