Saturday, July 29, 2017

Dashing Through the Snow (#christmasinjuly2017)

I am winding down the Christmas in July series. I have already met my goal of 20 but I did not really stress over meeting the goal. The point was to get a jump start on my Christmas cards while enjoying the process. See below on how to participate too.



Today's Christmas card features the Papertrey Ink In the Meadow stamp set which I have had for 6 years and managed to use exactly once. This one took some time to put together which is probably the reason why I've only used this set once. I started out by stamping the two birds in pure poppy and the sleigh in black and then cut out with the matching In the Meadow Silhouette dies. I cut a snow bank using the In the Meadow dies and after attaching together I stamped the sentiment with pure poppy ink. I used a cloud stencil and faded jeans distress ink to create a cloud background and then attached the snow bank piece. I cut the tree using a die from the In the Meadow Silhouette set, then cut in half and attached them to the background on each side. I cut a frame from pure poppy cardstock by nesting two stitched rectangle dies and attached with foam tape. Lastly I added the two birds in the trees and the sleigh which was also attached with foam tape.

Products: Papertrey Ink stamps and dies, PTI cs, MFT stencil, Simon Says dies, PTI, Ranger Distress and Simon Says ink

If you feel like joining me in the last two days of July in order to get a head start on your Christmas cards, please link up below. I will stop by to take a look and comment. If you post to instagram, use #christmasinjuly2017.

 photo signaturecopy_zpsn7wywovz.png




2 comments: