Friday, August 4, 2017

Under His Wings

It is Faith Friday on the blog and since I've been collecting the Papertrey Ink Year of Psalms stamps since they introduced them this year, I thought it was time I actually got one of them inky. Today's card features the March Year of Psalms set.

I love the Psalm 91:4 verse:

He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.



I cut a stitched rectangle from Strathmore watercolor cardstock and then masked off the edges in order to retain a white border. I used the Ranger mini ink blending tool to add scattered straw and tumbled glass distress ink, then added some water and more ink with a wet paint brush. After the piece dried completely I stamped the swirl and sentiment with dark chocolate ink. After attaching the sentiment panel to the card base, I secured a feather cut with a die from a retired My Favorite things set and a leaf from the Lawn Fawn Stitched Leaves set to the card front, then wrapped some raffia around the top edge and tied off onto a button. 

Products: Papertrey ink stamp, Bazzill and Strathmore cs, PTI button, Lil Inker Designs, MFT and Lawn Fawn dies, Ranger Distress and Simon Says ink

Thank you for stopping by. Have a blessed day and weekend. 


 photo signaturecopy_zpsn7wywovz.png

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love this... the simplicity and sheer gorgeousness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the feather accents & the soft watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful and uplifting card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wishing that feather would float down upon my craft table! Such a gorgeous card, Nancy! Beautiful colors, blending, and design excellence!
    =]

    ReplyDelete